[netsa-tools-discuss] installaing analysis-pipline libsnarf won't find libprotobuf-c

Tony Cebzanov tonyc at cert.org
Thu Oct 22 10:07:17 EDT 2015

On 10/22/15 2:32 AM, asad wrote:
 > hello,
 >
 > I' trying to install libsnarf on ubuntu 14.04 but failing

Hi asad,

I have not tested snarf installation with ubuntu, but from what you sent
me, it looks like the problem might be that you're missing the
libprotobuf-c0 and libprotobuf-c0-dev packages.  libprotobuf-dev and
libprotoc-dev correspond with the core protobuf libraries and compiler
respectively, while the libprotofbuf-c0 and corresponding -dev packages
are needed for packages like snarf that use the C interface.  These
package names are confusing in RHEL, but apparently even more confusing
in Ubuntu.

If those are installed and things still aren't working, send me your
config.log and I will try to spin up an Ubuntu environment to test with.

--
Tony Cebzanov * <tonyc at cert.org>
(M) +1 412 265-1240 * (W) +1 412 268-9149