[netsa-tools-discuss] Specfile for Silk

Ulrik Haugen ulrik.haugen at liu.se
Mon Oct 30 06:21:35 EDT 2023

Hello!

I just built new rpms of Silk for el9 and had some trouble installing
the resulting packages as silk-rwflowpack and silk-analysis required
"silk-common = 3.22.0-1.el9.el9", note the doubled ".el9".

To fix i added this command to our build scripts:

    sed -i -e 's/^%define release .*/&%{?dist}/' \
        silk-*/silk.spec.in

As rpmbuild automatically defines the release macro after seeing the
release: header in a specfile, references to it after that are not the
same as before it if the header says anything else than "%{release}".

The sed command adds %{?dist} to the initial definition of release and
removes it from all following references to release.

Best regards
Ulrik Haugen
Linköping university