[aadl]: Draft Agenda for AADL Webmeeting Oct 18-21, DARPA META AVM opportunity (UNCLASSIFIED)

Lewis, Bruce (AMRDEC) bruce.a.lewis at us.army.mil
Wed Sep 29 17:12:31 EDT 2010

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Dear AADL users and committee members,

Here is the draft AADL agenda for the Web meeting for Oct 18-21.  As you
will see the time is 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM each day EDT.

I have a list of additional presentations we will hold for the January
meeting.  But would be happy to add to that list for January 24-28
planning in Fort Lauderdale Florida.  Also let me know if the draft
agenda needs to be changed.

We will be meeting by Webex with audio included and I will send that
information later.  If you need another test time, we will provide it.

I've also included information on the DARPA AVM proposer's information
day and links to BAA's.  The META Chief Engineer, Kirstie Bellman, is
interested in the AADL, we have had an informative meeting to answer her
questions on AADL. She will present META during our AADL web meeting.

Bruce

>From Kirstie Bellman:

Recently I became chief engineer (not Program Manager) on a very
interesting/ambitious project called META.
META has some cornerstone technologies (advanced languages,
modeling/analysis++, some cool mathematical research,  and more) that
will feed into some new DARPA manufacturing programs. In addition to
setting up "virtual foundries" and a much better relationship between
design engineering and the manufacturing of components (e.g., at the
minimum, much better integration of manufacturing variables and choices
brought into early design and much better specification of designs
handed over to manufacturers and component suppliers), these programs
are trying to inspire/stimulate/interest a new generation of students to
become interested in very novel manufacturing processes and methods.
There will be new experiments in "crowdsourcing" designs and in how to
offer prizes and incentives for such new experimentation and
revitalization of manufacturing.  The world is also invited to
participate in this manufacturing revolution via open standards,
environments, libraries, conferences, contests, and more.

DARPA's industry day for these programs - now renamed to proposers' day
- is Sept 29.  The relevant links are below.  META is already up and
going and I will be glad to discuss any of these goals and programs.
The industry day is webcast so one can attend online and
Europeans/others are welcomed partners.

Of course, as Chief Engineer for META, I cannot team with anyone, but I
would be glad to answer questions or pass them along to Paul Eremenko
the DARPA PM.

If you are interested I would love to hear from you. If you are planning
to attend the webcast or the Proposer's day in DC, please tell me (DARPA
seriously wants to make sure the webcast is set up for all time zones.)

URLs:
Here is a link for the announcement for an informational webcast, or
"Proposers' Day", to be held virtually on 7 October:

https://www.fbo.gov/spg/ODA/DARPA/CMO/DARPA-SN-10-67/listing.html
<blockedhttps://www.fbo.gov/spg/ODA/DARPA/CMO/DARPA-SN-10-67/listing.htm
l>

Here is a link to the draft Broad Agency Announcement for iFAB:

https://www.fbo.gov/spg/ODA/DARPA/CMO/DARPA-SN-10-65/listing.html
<blockedhttps://www.fbo.gov/spg/ODA/DARPA/CMO/DARPA-SN-10-65/listing.htm
l>

Here is a link to the draft Broad Agency Announcement for
VechicleForge.mil:

https://www.fbo.gov/spg/ODA/DARPA/CMO/DARPA-SN-10-64/listing.html
<blockedhttps://www.fbo.gov/spg/ODA/DARPA/CMO/DARPA-SN-10-64/listing.htm
l>
Dr. Kirstie L. Bellman
Principal Scientist, Computer Systems Division
Head of  the Aerospace Integration Science Center (AISC)
The Aerospace Corporation
310 336 2191
Kirstie.L.Bellman at aero.org or bellman at aero.org
EMAIL will reach me quickly on my Blackberry