[aadl]: TASTE tutorial: virtual machine + instructions document

julien.delange at esa.int julien.delange at esa.int
Tue Jan 3 09:20:21 EST 2012

Dear all,

First of all, I wish you all the best for the new year to come with many
projects related to AADL !

Then, during the next AADL meeting, a tutorial will be dedicated to TASTE.
For that, we use a virtual machine executed within VirtualBox (available
as a free and open-source software at http://www.virtualbox.org). The
virtual machine is available here :
http://download.tuxfamily.org/taste/aadl-tutorial-vm.tgz . I updated the
previous virtual machine with the latest TASTE toolset so if you download
the previous version, please get the new one.

In addition, in order to prevent any problem during the tutorial due to
special configuration/system, I recommend to install and try VirtualBox on
your laptop as soon as possible and send me any issue you encounter. So,
we could fix any issue prior the tutorial and focus only on AADL- and
TASTE- related aspects. Also, it would be particularly useful if you can
try the TASTE virtual machine itself prior the tutorial. To do so, I made
an instructions document that indicates how to import the virtual machine
within VirtualBox and test the TASTE toolchain. Please find it as an
enclosed file with this mail and send my any comment and/or problems you
get when trying to use it.

I hope you will join the AADL meeting and be part of the tutorial.

Best regards,

Note: Tutorial instructions are also available at
http://download.tuxfamily.org/taste/misc/taste-tutorial-aadl-meeting/aadl-tutorial-instructions.pdf

This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee or addressees only. The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either in whole or in part) of its content is not permitted. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Emails can be altered and their integrity cannot be guaranteed by the sender.