[aadl]: Additional info for the AADL Requirements Annex Tutorial

dominique.blouin dominique.blouin at univ-ubs.fr
Mon Feb 4 11:55:27 EST 2013

Hi all,

A few more information on the tutorial of next Thursday, for those want
to attend.

Mac platform users may have encountered a problem when installing
RDALTE. This is because the SDK features (binaries with source)
erroneously restrict the tool to the Windows and Linux platforms. The
fix is to install only the binaries for RDALTE by checking everything in
the update site without the RDALTE SDK. This is shown in the following
screen shot:

The tutorial will present the modeling of the Isolette example from the
FAA Requirements Engineering Management Handbook. You may download the
handbook here:
http://www.faa.gov/aircraft/air_cert/design_approvals/air_software/media/AR-08-32.pdf.
Another interesting document is the findings of the Requirements
Engineering Management Handbook describing the development of the best
practices:
http://www.faa.gov/aircraft/air_cert/design_approvals/air_software/media/AR-08-34.pdf

You may also want to install the Adele graphical editor if you want to
view AADL models graphically. To do this, add the following two update
sites to Eclipse:
Adele: http://aadl.ellidiss.fr/
Topcased:
http://topcased-mm.gforge.enseeiht.fr/indigo/release/topcased5.2/main/

Then select the Adele site and ensure "Contact all update sites..." is
checked (because Adele needs features from Topcased) and complete the
wizard.

Thanks and see you at the tutorial!

Dominique.

--
Dominique BLOUIN

Ingénieur de Recherche / Research Engineer

Université de Bretagne Sud
Lab-STICC / CNRS UMR 3192

Centre de Recherches
BP92116 / 56321 LORIENT Cedex