[aadl]: Welcome to 2013: Valencia Meeting and OSATE2

Peter Feiler phf at sei.cmu.edu
Fri Jan 18 12:10:05 EST 2013

Dear AADL users,

We wish you a happy new year and we hope it will give you a lot of opportunities to work with AADL !

Our next meeting will take place in Valencia, Spain [1] from Feb 04 to Feb, 07. This would be the opportunity to present your new ideas about AADL and just updates the community about your current projects. Whatever you plan to present, we invite you to submit your presentation idea by e-mail and also add some details on the AADL sub-committee wiki [3]. Also, in order to prepare the meeting, please record any topic related to the standardization efforts on the subcommittee wiki so that we can review your proposal and answer to your request at best.

We are also currently on an update of OSATE2. New features will be presented during the next meeting but we would like to let you know that we already published a testing version on our update site.
In particular, the following features have been merged into OSATE2:
- The Instance Model Viewer originally developed by  Brendan Breuil is fully integrated and provide a graphical view of the instance model
- The LUTE AADL analyzer initially developed for the META project is also part of the OSATE2 plugs-ins.

All these new features are now integrated so that you can test them now ! You can install OSATE2 from any Juno Eclipse installation by using the following update site : http://www.aadl.info/aadl/osate/2.0/testing .Information for installing OSATE2 in Eclipse can be found on [4]. Please try it and send us reports and issues by filling a bug report on github [5]. In the incoming days, we will also set up an area and maintain two tracks : one for a stable release (from the master branch from github) and another one built on a nightly basis from the develop branch).

We are looking forward to see you in Valencia and wish you all the best for the new year to come !

Greetings,

Peter & Julien

[1] http://users.dsic.upv.es/workshops/aadl2013/motivation.html
[2] https://wiki.sei.cmu.edu/aadl/index.php/Standardization