[aadl]: New OSATE Release

Lutz Wrage lwrage at sei.cmu.edu
Mon Mar 2 15:01:08 EST 2015

A new stable release of OSATE, version 2.0.9, is now available for download at
http://www.aadl.info/aadl/osate/stable/2.0.9/products/. The zip files contain
the complete version of OSATE.

For installation into an existing Eclipse Luna installation, an update site is
available at http://www.aadl.info/aadl/osate/stable/2.0.9/update-site/.

If you encounter a bug please report it on the appropriate github issue tracker.

Release Notes for OSATE 2.0.9
=============================

OSATE 2.0.9 is based on Eclipse Luna SR1a. It includes Eclipse components
necessary to develop analysis plugins. OSATE requires Java7+.

The major changes in this release are the following:

1. The AADL Property View has been rewritten to support expansion of list
   and record values. In addition, property values can be edited directly
   in the view.

2. Instance models can be created from any component
   Note: The SystemInstance object now references a ComponentImplemen-
   tation instead of a SystemImplementation. Plugins may need to be adapted.

3. We have integrated the Resolute and Agree plugins created at Rockwell
   Collins (see https://github.com/smaccm/smaccm).
   Note: Agree depends on an program (JKind 2.1) which requires Java 8 to run.

4. We have integrated the Ocarina plugin for OSATE 2 (see
   https://github.com/OpenAADL/osate2-ocarina).

5. Many bug fixes and improvements to existing functionality

The full list of closed issues for this release are available at
https://github.com/osate/osate2-core/issues?q=is%3Aissue+updated%3A2014-10-01..2015-02-25+is%3Aclosed
https://github.com/osate/osate2-plugins/issues?q=is%3Aissue+updated%3A2014-10-01..2015-02-25+is%3Aclosed
https://github.com/osate/osate-ge/issues?q=is%3Aissue+updated%3A2014-10-01..2015-02-25+is%3Aclosed
https://github.com/osate/ErrorModelV2/issues?q=is%3Aissue+updated%3A2014-10-01..2015-02-25+is%3Aclosed

--

Lutz Wrage
Carnegie Mellon University / Software Engineering Institute