[aadl]: Bus Analysis with AADL

John J Hudak jhudak at sei.cmu.edu
Tue Jul 16 10:44:19 EDT 2019

Hi Mohsen:
I am assuming you have a run-time view (thread) of your system (a component-connection view also works).  I also assume you have defined flow paths of interest.
In the system implementation, you must bind the connections to the buses.  Use the property Actual_Connection_Binding property in your implementation to bind the connection name to the bus.  When instantiated, OSATE will walk the flow path through the component hierarchy, through the connection, through the bus the connection is bound to and will continue in a similar fashion through the rest of the components.
There are examples in OSATE->Help

Threads can be bound to a processor using the Actual_Processor_Binding property in the system implementation.
The latency analysis will use the latency properties specified for each component along the flow path.
There is a description of the latency analysis in OSATE-> Help

From what I understand, newer version of OSATE is tied to the newest Eclipse distribution and AGREE was not updated to be included.  Look in the release notes or in the OSATE Help for instructions on how to download and install AGREE (and Resolute) in the current version of OSATE.  I *think* the last version of OSATE that has AGREE and Resolute bundled in is 2.3.7.
The release notes for each version of OSATE describe the bug fixes as well as OSATE configuration changes.

Hope this helps.
Good luck,
John