[netsa-tools-discuss] Netflow v7

John Green John.Green at ja.net
Thu Aug 28 10:01:47 EDT 2014

Hi,
We have a number of routers exporting both v5 and v7 netflow.   As Silk
only supports v5 and v9, rwflowpack logs errors for the v7 PDUs.

Does anyone have an experience of processing netflow containing v7 PDUs
with Silk?

v5 and v7 are very similar content wise (eg nfdump seems to treat v7 as
v5 when processing).   I'll take a look at tweaking the source unless I
missing an easier alternative?

Thanks
John
Janet CSIRT

Janet(UK) is a trading name of Jisc Collections and Janet Limited, a
not-for-profit company which is registered in England under No. 2881024
Harwell Oxford, Didcot, Oxfordshire. OX11 0SG. VAT No. 614944238