[netsa-tools-discuss] Netflow v7

John Green John.Green at ja.net
Thu Aug 28 13:29:30 EDT 2014

On Thu, 2014-08-28 at 11:58 -0400, Michael Welsh Duggan wrote:
>  I've briefly looked at the format and
> code, and can make the following suggestions based on the SiLK 3.8.3
> sources.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have it sort of working based on your suggestions.  I left the
structures and defines alone (my frames are 1470, which I think brings
my "V7PDU_LEN" down to below the existing V5PDU_LEN).  I need to keep
support for v5 from the same exporter.

In 1) added support for version==7

In 2) octets 20-23 are reserved and should be zero, so I didn't touch
this code.

In 3) Wireshark refers to byte 36 and 46-47 as "padding" and seem to be
always be 0x00 in the samples I have.   I suspect they can be ignored.

I also needed to add some additional code around line 751 to account for
the larger v7 record sizes as I didn't change the structures.  I have no
interest in the additional router_sc field so just need to skip it.

I'll do some further testing.

Thanks
John

Janet(UK) is a trading name of Jisc Collections and Janet Limited, a
not-for-profit company which is registered in England under No. 2881024
Harwell Oxford, Didcot, Oxfordshire. OX11 0SG. VAT No. 614944238