[netsa-tools-discuss] Benchmarking of flowcap

Matthew Markland marklandm at acm.org
Sun Jul 19 12:05:12 EDT 2015

All:

Thank you very much for supplying and supporting what looks to be an excellent set of tools. I have been investigating flow collection and how well various tools stand up to high rates of export packets. Has there already been any work done, or anecdotal evidence of flowcap's scaling? The numbers I have been looking at have ranged up to a peek of one million flows per second (which I divide by 30 to approximate the number of packets arriving).

I realize that some of the performance may depend on the underlying hardware, so if you pass on rates the hardware you are running on would be useful to know also.

Thank you very much for your time.

Matt Markland