[netsa-tools-discuss] Planning to offload Qradar SIEM noisy rules to SILK

Chris Inacio inacio at cert.org
Tue Nov 10 10:24:23 EST 2015

Asad,

I know that you have posted some questions about Analyst Pipeline configurations recently.  Which version of Pipeline are you running?

Second, do you know if the ASA exports an IPFIX/NetFlow v9 field with the event-name (or type) field in some form?

It would likely be simpler to direct the output from the ASA directly into Pipeline in IPFIX/NetFlow v9 format and include that event type information in the set of fields which could then be matched in Pipeline for an evaluation.  Pipeline 5.x includes support to match against all IPFIX fields.  We would likely need to support you some more in accomplishing this type of configuration.  The documentation for the related schemaTools isn’t complete at this point and using that field would likely require a new schema definition.

This is likely to be the easiest way to capture some of the events you would like alerts on from your ASA.

Regards,
--
Chris Inacio
inacio at cert.org