[netsa-tools-discuss] installaing analysis-pipline libsnarf won't find libprotobuf-c

asad a.alii85 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 02:32:05 EDT 2015

hello,

I' trying to install libsnarf on ubuntu 14.04 but failing

as i run ./configure

checking for Python LDFLAGS... -L/usr/lib -lpython2.7
checking for Python embedded LDFLAGS... -L/usr/lib -lpython2.7
-Xlinker -export-dynamic -Wl,-O1 -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -L/usr/lib
-lz -lpthread -ldl  -lutil
checking for Python sys.prefix... /usr
checking for system specific Python problems... none
checking python module: netsa... no
checking python module: zmq... yes
checking python module: google.protobuf... yes
configure: A suitable Python interpreter was found, but some Python
dependencies are missing..
checking pkg-config is at least version 0.16... yes
checking for GLIB - version >= 2.22.0... yes (version 2.40.2)
checking for LIBPROTOBUF_C... no
configure: error: A usable libprotobuf-c was not found.

Even, when I tried installing following packages,

sudo apt-get install libprotobuf-dev libprotoc-dev
sudo apt-get install python-zmq
sudo apt-get install python-protobuf.socketrpc
sudo apt-get install protobuf-c-compiler

Error, remains the same, what I'm missing.

Thanks.

regards
Asad