[netsa-tools-discuss] rwidsquery in SiLK

Mark Thomas mthomas at cert.org
Thu Sep 3 11:36:49 EDT 2015

Yes, the input file needs to contain a single signature.  When it
does not, the options to rwfilter are repeated.  For example, the
following input

 alert icmp $EXTERNAL_NET any -> $HOME_NET any
 (msg:"ICMP Parameter Problem Bad Length"; icode:2; itype:12;
 classtype:misc-activity; sid:425; rev:6;)
 alert icmp $EXTERNAL_NET any -> $HOME_NET any
 (msg:"ICMP Parameter Problem Bad Length"; icode:3; itype:13;
 classtype:misc-activity; sid:425; rev:6;)

produces the following output:

 rwfilter --start-date=2009/01/11 --end-date=2009/01/11      \
     --stime=2009/01/11-2009/01/11 --saddress=$EXTERNAL_NET  \
     --daddress=$HOME_NET --icmp-code=2 --icmp-type=12       \
     --icmp-code=3 --icmp-type=13 --pass=stdout

Note how the --icmp-type and --icmp-code switches are repeated.

-Mark