[netsa-tools-discuss] Collection and analysis of Vendor specific IPFIX information elements using SiLK 3.10.2

Abhishek Dey abhishek_dey at outlook.com
Sun Sep 27 01:13:41 EDT 2015

Hi,
I was modifying the SiLK sources to collect and store vendor specific IPFIX field and was able to do it when the element is a fixed width element. But now I need to add support to collect some variable length fields (string). I tried to use the fbVarfield_t structure in the ski_extrwrec_st structure. Also the ski_extrwrec_spec[] is modified accordingly and FB_IE_INIT and fbInfoModelAddElement is called for the element. But somehow, I am getting NULL in the fbVarfield_t buf. Please note that I have not added any code to allocate any memory for the buf pointer.
I would like to know if there is something I am missing. Any help in this regard is appreciated.
Thank you.
Regards,
- Abhishek