[netsa-tools-discuss] Unable to collect IPFIX from cisco router

Mark Thomas mthomas at cert.org
Wed Apr 6 15:33:41 EDT 2016

Bassem-

Thank you for the sensors.conf configuration file.

The error message you are getting says the flow records have no
octets (or bytes) field.  It may be that the Cisco router is
exporting a template that does not have a bytes information element.
If you export the environment variable

  SILK_IPFIX_PRINT_TEMPLATES=1

prior to starting rwflowpack, rwflowpack will display the templates
it receives.

The set of IPFIX/NetFlow v9 information elements supported by SiLK
are given here.
http://tools.netsa.cert.org/silk/faq.html#ipfix-fields

While we currently have a quirks value to work around a missing
packets information element (zero-packets), we currently to do not
have something similar for a missing bytes information element.

-Mark