[netsa-tools-discuss] Is it possible to filter by device with Flowviewer if flow records are reported with overlaps?

Marius wishinet at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 07:05:23 EDT 2016

Hi,

we have multiple Netflow devices reporting into rwflowpack / SiLK.
We log them into the standard class all in SilK.

The sensors.conf is below.

* I have 2 border routers which send Netflow v9 to the SiLK box.
* And I have 1 network security appliance which sends Netflow to the SiLK
box.

The appliance generates the flow records from mirrored traffic.There is an
overlap here, which is intended for monitoring purposes (to account for the
scope).

Due to this overlap I get the flows reported twice when I query in
FlowGrapher, even though I select a device (like router1).

The reason for this is that Flowviewer uses
   --data-rootdir=/data/ --type=all
for the SiLK selection query. It does not use the
    --sensor parmeter like this:
    /usr/local/bin/rwfilter --sensor=lhrEdge --proto=0-255 --pass=stdout
--type=all | rwcut | tail

The Device Name label in FlowViewer appears to be unused for SiLK if I am
correct.
Is there any way to change this?

Best,
Marius