[netsa-tools-discuss] incorrect flow times in silk 3.16

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Fri Aug 11 13:22:58 EDT 2017

Hi,

I'm having an odd problem with silk flow times in the data files
being created from NFv9 exports. The dates/times reported via
rwfilter are all ~10 days in the past.

The server where silk is running (ubuntu 16.04.2 x64) is sync'd via
NTP, date output on the server is correct. The switch exporting the
data is also NTP sync'd to the same source and the date is correct
there as well.

I've also captured the NDE packets coming from the switch and decoded
them via the CFLOW dissector in wireshark, all the times/dates in
those packets are correct as well.

I tried recompiling with and without the localtime option, the
relative time/date changes but both are still resulting in dates in the past.

Any suggestions on how to further debug this problem?

Thanks,
Tim

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Distinguished Engineer, Technical Marketing
Data Center Switching
Cisco - http://www.cisco.com
+1(408)526-6759