[aadl-modeling]: EMV2, EMFTA, PRISM Tools

Peter Feiler phf at sei.cmu.edu
Sun Jan 29 18:48:54 EST 2017

Hi Paul,

Try the Update probabilities command on the fault tree root.
It will compute the values and reflect the result in the fault tree.

When you execute the “Compute Events Probability” command the probabilities will be aggregated and the results written into a report, but not reflected in the fault tree. The report is currently stored directly in the project folder – not in the reports folder maintained by OSATE. This is documented in the online help for EMFTA.

EMFTA is intended to operate independent of OSATE – so would not know about the reports folder. However, I think it should put the report at least in a reports subfolder inside the folder that contains the emfta files. When OSATE generates emfta files they are kept in the “fta” folder. I have put an issue report in for EMFTA.

Peter