[aadl-modeling]: bus and port connection

Hugues Jérôme hugues.jerome at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 09:25:45 EDT 2018

Hi,

> Le 20 avr. 2018 à 14:27, David K <fux1235 at googlemail.com> a écrit :
>
> I'm a student working on a aadl software model of an existing software system. Since this is my first experience with aadl there might be more questions in the future.

Welcome on board

> My model contains several subsystems which are connected with busses. The image below shows an example of one of these subsystems. Is there any possibility to connect a bus-interface with a port-interface?
> The subsystems are communicating via busses but I haven't found a way to forward the data to the processes and threads.

port-interface aka logical connection between components are purely logical;
you do not connect them to buses interfaces. logical connections are bound (allocated) to buses

here, your systems indicates that its requires two ethernet (eth1 and eth2) + 2 mvb (?) busses
cpu should “requires” them as well

your system must then define ports (value in and value out), you’ll connect them to the ports of pr

finally, you would allocate the connections between systems to busses

You may find the example here: https://github.com/OpenAADL/aadlsheet useful
(see page 2 of the pdf)