[aadl]: new release of TOPCASED/OSATE

Peter Feiler phf at sei.cmu.edu
Wed Jun 14 08:46:26 EDT 2006

Dear all,

there is a new release of Topcased .0.9.0 and Osate 1.3.0.  It is
available through www.aadl.info and through www.topcased.org.
This release has been a synchronized release of the two.
Topcased requires for this release to run under Eclipse 3.2 RC4 or
higher (Eclipse Callisto RC3 or higher).
We will have another release of Osate/Topcased when the official release
of Eclipse 3.2 will be available in July/Aug 2006.

A set of four approved annexes to the AADL standard are going into print
as we speak as SAE document AS5506/1 and will be available shortly. They
are the Graphical Notation Annex, the AADL Meta Model and XML/XMI
Interchange Format Annex, the Programming language Compliance and API
annex, and the Error Model Annex.

An implementation of an Osate plug-in to support the Error Model Annex
is in the works and will be available with the next release of Osate.

A draft Behavior Annex has been drafted by the COTRE/Topcased team and
is being reviewed by the SAE AADL Subcommittee.  Its implementation is
being prototyped as a plug-in to Osate/Topcased.

The next SAE AADL Subcommittee meeting is taking place in Ueberlingen
Germany July 10-13, 2006.

Peter Feiler