[aadl]: Conditional Required_Connection property

Clement Guy clement.guy at inria.fr
Tue Aug 4 10:52:00 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I'm trying to obtain a working example from the Adaptive Cruise Control system case study contained in the joined report.
The report is quite old and use a syntax which I'm not sure is still (if it ever was) authorized in the AADL.

Basically it tries to have the Required_Connection property set to false for some ports only in given modes.
You can fin below a simplified sample of such use of Required_Connection (line in red):

process ControllerProcess
features
inRadarError : in event port ;
end ControllerProcess ;

process implementation ControllerProcess.impl
modes
RADAR_UP: initial mode ;
RADAR_DOWN: mode ;
RADAR_UP -[inRadarError]-> RADAR_DOWN;
properties
Required_Connection => false applies to inRadarError in modes (RADAR_DOWN);
end ControllerProcess.impl ;

Is this authorized? If yes, why OSATE returns me syntax errors? If not, is there another way to do the same?

Thanks in advance,

Clément Guy ,
Research engineer in the TEA team
Inria Rennes - Bretagne Atlantique