[aadl]: Wiring Analysis Software

Boydston, Alex K CIV (US) alex.k.boydston.civ at mail.mil
Sat Mar 14 14:32:01 EDT 2015

That is a very interesting and pertinent thing that is much needed in aircraft since wiring bundles add weight to aircraft. There is need to optimize the routing to reduce the length but also to provide understanding of the accessibility to maintenance (i.e., where to put connecters, taughtness, etc). Also, being able to do virtual analysis of possible chaffing, current carrying capacity, weight analysis, zonal safety analysis of the routing, etc. All of these different types of analyses would have to be currently handled sith different tools to account for routing, weight, safety analysis. I think Mentor Graphics has tools that are available but I am not aware of open source tools to do these all. Would have to do more research, but great question!