[netsa-tools-discuss] Beginner compile question, sparc

Smith, Steven Steven.M.Smith at ftr.com
Tue Dec 22 17:01:12 EST 2015

Greetings,

I know this is beginning question but hope this is read in terms of me wanting to avoid my own headache.

I'm looking to test Silk to capture V5 flow sent from Juniper and Cisco routers.  I know this might seem odd but I would like to test silk on Solaris with SPARC processors.  My questions is if anyone has any advice on compiling/make silk for Solaris 10 using  sparc processors?

My development server is an Oracle T5-2 server running Solaris 10 update 11.  (Yes I know it is not current. There are other reasons for this.)
I've had issues with other software is past, mostly on LD_LIBRARY_PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64, and having to make some adjustments before doing make.  I've always solved my issues, but sometimes took longer than I wished.  Just wanted to try and avoid myself headaches if others have already done this and have advice.   Or maybe folks have reasons I shouldn't even attempt this.

Thanks,
Steven