[netsa-tools-discuss] installaing analysis-pipline libsnarf won't find libprotobuf-c

Tony Cebzanov tonyc at cert.org
Tue Nov 10 11:18:12 EST 2015

asad,

 From this error, it appears that you're running a version of Ubuntu
that's using the 1.x baseline of libprotobuf-c, which made
backwards-incompatible API changes that snarf hasn't yet been adapted
to.  You can verify this by running:

     $ apt-show-versions libprotobuf-c0

and I suspect you'll see a version 1.x, where snarf can currently only
work with versions 0.x.  From our previous discussions, I thought you
were running Ubuntu trusty (14.04) which provides the 0.15 release
that's compatible with snarf 0.2.4.

There is a branch of snarf in development to work with the newer
dependencies found in distributions such as Ubuntu 15.x, but I do not
have a release date for you at this time.

-Tony

--
Tony Cebzanov * <tonyc at cert.org>
(M) +1 412 265-1240 * (W) +1 412 268-9149