[netsa-tools-discuss] installaing analysis-pipline libsnarf won't find libprotobuf-c

asad a.alii85 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 15:01:03 EDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 11:50 PM, Tony Cebzanov <tonyc at cert.org> wrote:

> Hi asad,
>
> On 10/22/15 11:01 AM, asad wrote:
>
>> Here, the .config.log attach my mail. This ubuntu v 15.04 server edition
>> first one was ubuntu 14.04 server edition both results are same.Results
>> are from the former. Kindly look into it.
>>

> One of my team members looked into the problem on an Ubuntu machine and
> noticed that the libprotobuf-c0-dev package in Ubuntu doesn't seem to
> provide the pkg-config file, which leads to snarf not being able to find
> the library.
>
> As a workaround, he suggested running configure like so:
>
> ./configure \
> LIBPROTOBUF_C_CFLAGS=-I/usr/include \
> LIBPROTOBUF_C_LIBS='-L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -llibprotobuf-c'

Finally output has not changed.

checking for LIBPROTOBUF_C... yes
checking presence of libprotobuf-c dependencies... no
configure: (snarf) Not including libprotobuf-c due to missing dependencies.
See config.log.
configure: error: A usable libprotobuf-c was not found.

Also is attach new config.log. Thanks for help.