[netsa-tools-discuss] installaing analysis-pipline libsnarf won't find libprotobuf-c

Tony Cebzanov tonyc at cert.org
Fri Oct 23 10:55:42 EDT 2015

asad,

OK, it looks like the Unbutu package's lack of the pkg-config .pc file
is still a problem even when specifying the include/library paths.

As one final workaround before we try a different strategy, please
create the following file:

     /usr/lib/pkgconfig/libprotobuf-c.pc

with the following contents:

prefix=/usr
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
includedir=${prefix}/include

Name: libprotobuf-c
Version: 0.15
Requires:
Libs: -L${libdir} -lprotobuf-c
Cflags: -I${includedir}

and then try to re-run configure.  Again, if it doesn't work, please
send me the config.log.

Thanks.

--
Tony Cebzanov * <tonyc at cert.org>
(M) +1 412 265-1240 * (W) +1 412 268-9149