[netsa-tools-discuss] Using rwfilter --flags-inital to fitler servers and clients addresses

asad a.alii85 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 04:43:15 EDT 2015

Hello,

I'm processing nexsus 7k logs, and on 1 vlan I have tried to filter
all those IP addresses that are responsible for initial query
(handshake). My cmd and results looks like

"rwfilter  --sensor=S1 --type=int2int  --start-date=2015/10/15
--end-date=2015/10/23 --flags-initial=S/SA --print-statistics
--pass=query.rw
Files   216.  Read      35403.  Pass          0. Fail       35403."

If the filter is correct, it means I don't have a client in my VLAN
all are servers?Can this query be converted to identity list of source
IP addresses which requested connection to the servers in specific
vlan?

Thanks.