[netsa-tools-discuss] Pipeline Does Not Work

Lutfi Oduncuoglu lutfioduncuoglu at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 03:22:26 EDT 2016

Hello,

I am trying to install snarf on Debian 8 server and I am having the log
lines below

checking for GLIB - version >= 2.22.0... yes (version 2.42.1)
checking for LIBPROTOBUF_C... yes
checking presence of libprotobuf-c dependencies... yes
checking usability of libprotobuf-c library and headers... no
configure: error: A usable libprotobuf-c was not found.

I installed the protobuf via apt the ouput is below

aptitude search protobuf | grep ^i
i   libprotobuf-c-dev               - Protocol Buffers C static library and
head
i A libprotobuf-c1                  - Protocol Buffers C shared library
(protobu
i   libprotobuf-c1-dbg              - Protocol Buffers C shared library
debug sy
i   libprotobuf-dev                 - protocol buffers C++ library
(development
i A libprotobuf-lite9               - protocol buffers C++ library (lite
version
i A libprotobuf9                    - protocol buffers C++
library
i   protobuf-c-compiler             - Protocol Buffers C compiler
(protobuf-c)
i   protobuf-compiler               - compiler for protocol buffer
definition fi
i   python-protobuf                 - Python bindings for protocol
buffers

Morver I also installed protobuf-2.6.1.

I got libprotobuf.pc file in pkg-config directory

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/pkgconfig/libprotobuf-c.pc

I tried

./configure --with-libprotobuf-c=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/pkgconfig/

and

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/pkgconfig/

./configure

but got the same errors. Can you please help me?

Best Regards,

Lutfi