[netsa-tools-discuss] SiLK 4.0.0 probe quirks

Mark Thomas mthomas at cert.org
Fri Jul 7 11:13:40 EDT 2017

Bo-

During testing, all the input to SiLK 4 was from YAF, and the C code
converts the IPFIX data to the SiLK format assuming the input is
YAF.

Modifying the Lua-based packing function to handle sources other
than YAF is not too difficult.  I have attached an rwflowpack
configuration file that works with the samples of NetFlow v9 data I
have that includes the firewallEvent information element (which is
sometimes exported as the NF_F_FW_EVENT information element).

I hope that helps.

-Mark