[netsa-tools-discuss] snarf compile issues

Tony Cebzanov tonyc at cert.org
Mon Oct 6 12:16:08 EDT 2014

Christopher,

On 10/6/14, 12:09 PM, Christoper Holland wrote:
> configure: error: A usable libprotobuf-c was not found.
>
> all dependencies are being meet I installed protobuf 2.6 and protobuf-c
> 1.0.2 so the library and headers should be available.

The key word in there is "usable".  snarf hasn't yet been updated to use
newer versions of libprotobuf-c, which made very significant and
non-backwards-compatible API changes in the jump from the 0.1x to 1.0.x
versions.  You'll need to either (a) find a prebuilt package for
libprotobuf-c 0.x for your platform, (b) build/install it from source,
or (c) wait for us to release a version of snarf that works with
protobuf-c 1.x.

Unfortunately, I don't have an ETA at this time for those changes, but
will post here when we have something ready.

--
Tony Cebzanov * <tonyc at cert.org>
(M) +1 412 265-1240 * (W) +1 412 268-9149